Friday, September 11, 2009

Weighed, W-e-i-g-h-ed!

Halen and I have been practicing her spelling words this week in preparation for her weekly spelling test and one of the words is 'weighed.' Occassionally when she doesn't know what the word is I'll use it in a sentence to help her recognize the correct word. This was the case with 'weighed' when I said it the first time and she gave me a blank look so I said, "I weighed 100 lbs."

Now, this is so far from the truth and mostly because given my muscular body type I can't remember the last time I weighed 100. I think in elementary school I went straight from 70 lbs to 120 lbs or maybe that was jr high. I have no idea, but what Halen said next was just heaven sent;

"Oh, Mom, you don't weigh that much."

I just giggled inside because how untrue that statement was, but how adorable that she sincerely thought I couldn't weigh such a big number. Little does she know, I love the innocence of youth sometimes!

No comments: