Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Banana Bread & Thank Thee

Brigden loves his banana bread, just like his mother! The kid can eat at least 4-5 slices of banana bread in one sitting, it's just amazing. Anytime he sees or hears "banana bread" he is all over it and begging instantly for some. I absolutely LOVE banana bread and could eat it every day as well, so there's no question where he gets it from. Here he is chowing down on his 5th slice.


Over the years as our children have learned to pray, I've noticed their personality come out in their praying style. Brigden has only been praying on his own for a little while now, but he has definitely taken to his own style. Here is the prayer he gave just this morning at breakfast.


Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank thee for this day.

Thank thee for our food.

Thank thee for my light saber.

Thank thee for my Lightning McQueen Car.

Thank thee for Halen and Bevan and Harris and Daddy and Mommy and Halen and me and Bevan and Daddy and Mommy and Harris and Bevan and me and Halen, etc.

Thank thee for my cousins.

Thank thee for my teacher.

Thank thee for my toys.

Thank thee for my friends.

Thank thee for this day.

Thank thee for our house.

Jesus Christ, Amen.


It may seem that this prayer I've just written was a lot of "Thank Thee's" but the truth is that is all Brigden says in his prayers. It is so fun to listen to him pray because he is so positive and not to say that we shouldn't all need things and include "Please bless'" but Brigden's prayers are a great example to me of being grateful. Sadly, we even have to cut him off sometimes because his list is too long. Maybe that isn't right, but it is reality. He is such an optimistic joy to have around!

No comments: