Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Their Jeep Dreams Come True!

Dave and I have always wanted to buy our children one of those battery operated child size cars or jeeps, but have never really had the funds to be able to do so. I've also always had a little bit of an inner battle within myself because I wasn't sure if I wanted them to have one since it might be something that would spoil them. I grew up pretty unspoiled and I am always afraid that if my children have anything other than nothing, they'll be spoiled and take things for granted. Silly, maybe, but reality! Dave has never had any such feelings and if money weren't the issue, the children would have had one of these child vehicles years ago. Well, this last Saturday, the children's dreams came true. My cousin Jeff Lewandoski called me with a short fuse offer. He said he was getting rid of his jeep and it was ours if we could pick it up that very day. Hallelujiah we were in a position to be able to do so because it has been the best purchase (or gift) that we've ever had in our posession for the children. They are so happy together when they get to drive/ride it. I love that they'll go out and ride/drive in it together and just take turns driving.
It was quite a challenge to teach them how to drive it because it drives just like a real automatic transmission car. Harris took to it quickly and Halen took some time, given her cautious personality, but they both are pretty good at it now. Brigden is a professional passenger for the time being because he can't reach the pedals just yet. They are so fun to watch when they drive it from our house to our neighbors. What a blessing. Thanks Jeff & Jamie for thinking of us. We are tickled pink, or I mean tickled green!




No comments: