Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Lost Tooth Fairy

Halen just lost one of her two front teeth and given her history with a very forgetful tooth fairy she mentioned to me right before she went to sleep, "I sure hope the tooth fairy doesn't forget me again." She also questioned, "Do you think the tooth fairy will take my tooth this time?" The last couple of teeth she has lost, only once did the tooth fairy take her tooth. The other three times the tooth was left under Halen's pillow, confusing Halen very much as to what the normal procedure should be. I just responded, "I'm not sure, I don't remember what happened when the tooth fairy visited me." Then Halen, a very content child, said, "Well, I guess there doesn't have to be a certain way to do it. "

The night came and Halen finally fell asleep hoping the tooth fairy wouldn't forget her...and then the morning came. As I returned from my run I found her asleep on the couch upstairs. She told me that she couldn't sleep downstairs so she quickly drew a picture for the tooth fairy to know that she had gone upstairs so there would be no confusion when the tooth fairy was looking for her. This is the picture she drew for the tooth fairy.


After explaining to me of her change in location, she and I searched high and low for the money the tooth fairy was suppossed to have left her. We did not find it. The tooth fairy isn't very good at leaving money in obvious locations when it visits our home. So we searched more and more until we finally found it had mysteriously fallen through the cracks on the side of the bed next to the mattress and was on the carpet. Thank heavens. She wasn't sure if the tooth fairy left her money and I wasn't sure how the tooth fairy was going to leave her money in the middle of the chaos. Oh, that poor tired tooth fairy, she really needs to get better at her job! I'm sure with many kids in the future she will, but hopefully before Halen is done losing teeth.

Her second upper tooth is about to come out so let's hope the tooth fairy can get that one without any problems. We shall see. Here is a happy toothless Halen with her tooth, money, and a nice bedhead. She is such a sweetheart and a joy in our home!



No comments: