Monday, August 17, 2009

My Skilled Sweet Hubby!

One of our many projects over the last home renovation has been the garage. We are almost finished with it's remodeling and one of our last projects in doing so is for Dave to build shelves for the last wall. He's already spent many hours building beautiful shelves on the other 2 shelves. The shelves he's working on currently will hold our food and food storage since we don't have a pantry in our kitchen. I am so excited to have it done because it will allow me to hold a lot more food storage than previously. In our discussions of the perfect shelving unit we've discussed the pros and cons of a rolling can system. I would love to have one, but I need to store so much more than just cans so given the very little space Dave and I decided to just do shelves. Dave knew how much I wanted a rolling can system and so in his sleepness nights he dreamed up a way for me to have both. How sweet that was of him to figure out how to make me happy, regardless of the extra work.
His plan is to have a rolling system behind the shelving unit and has figured out the perfect way to do it. He is so maticulous in his planning and building and always comes out with a beautiful finished project. Here is the beginning of the project. You can notice the slanted wood pieces that will allow the cans to roll downward.
It's funny, but when we were young and getting married I never would have imagined that my husband to be would be so incredibly handy. It amazes me the skills he has and the confidence he utilizes to accomplish so many projects. In our entire home renovation he has done everything, except properly hook up the furnace. Everything! He is amazing and so talented. I am so grateful for his skills and his abilities. What a blessing he has been to our wallet. We never could have accomplished so much without his talents and his hard work ethic. I love him dearly!

No comments: