Friday, March 21, 2008

SUNBURNED & SMILING!

Unbelievable! Finally as the sun graced us with the joy of it's rays this last week, we enjoyed our first 'day outside at the park.' What a breath of fresh air. I'm sure you can all agree, I am so so sick of snow and winter! I am reminded every year why I love spring so much. It's because I almost hate winter just as much! Someone please tell me why I live in Utah? All these blasted cold winters! This was the wrong winter to not own, nor have the money for, a snowblower!

Sevana's daughter Arianna, Halen, and Niki
Anyway, I had a feeling I should maybe put sunscreen on the kids as we got ready to go to the park, but almost laughed at the thought in my head and dismissed it immediately! Well, you guessed it, Murphy's Law! Halen, Brigden, and I got sunburned! What? You say! Yes, I was wearing sunglasses and looking towards the sun the entire time we were there, which brings a "duh" thought to mind, but regardless, I thought I'd be fine! Nope! My face got sunburned enough to hurt the rest of the day. I couldn't believe it.
Brigden, Sevana's son Wyatt, and Harris
Truthfully, I am so excited at the thought of many more of these days that the sunburn won't stop my anticipation! Anyhow, I love this weather as did the kids! What fun to play in the sand again! We loved it!

3 comments:

John-n-Mel said...

Oh to hae sun on my face...we don't have the snow and we do get glimpses of sun here and there so I can't complain, just glad someone's having a good time at the park! We'll make it there eventually! :)

Michelle said...

Folks...that is why I live in California. The only snow I've seen here is once when I was about 12...it was like three inches. They cancelled school, work, and everything else. It ws loads of fun...and then it was nice again the next day. P.S. the high here today was 85! My friends went swimming. LOVE IT!

Andrea W. said...

I know this makes me literally a fair-weather friend, but I want back in to playgroup if we can go to the park! I'm so ready for the sun and the park!