Monday, March 17, 2008

Our Version of Disneyland

This last weekend, Halen and I were able to attend Disney's Princesses on Ice. This is our version of Disneyland because Dave and I have decided to wait a few years till our kids are old enough to even remember a trip to Disneyland, therefore not going into debt for nothing, and a trip to see the Princesses on Ice at the old Delta Center is good enough for now.

She, and some of the girls we went with, dressed in their Princess dresses, as well as 90% of all other little girls attending so it was more like a Princess Conference for Little Girls. It was so much fun to watch the girls get so excited over the Princesses! The show consisted of Ariel, Snow White, Belle, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, and the Little Mermaid. Halen was dressed as Belle.

I must say, however, that almost all the little girls were accompanied by other princesses; their mothers. My friends and I were joking the entire evening about which princess we were. Strange since we're the adults. I guess girls never lose their desire to be a princess. My two friends were Ariel and Belle and I was nominated as Snow White. I laughed hysterically because if I ever think of a sweet, innocent, pure, and wholesome princess it is Snow White, therefore, I'm not so sure if it fits. Strangely and truthfully, I felt more comfortable when Malificent from Sleeping Beauty came onto the stage! The dragon in the sleeping beauty section lit up the ice with fire, it was awesome! Anyhow, if we're all still little girls at heart, which princess are you?

4 comments:

Andrea W. said...

Uh, have you ever taken a bad photo in your life? Amazing. Such cute little princeses, I bet they were in HEAVEN!

Megan said...

I don't think I'm a real girl because i've never felt the desire to be a princess. The fact that I wore baggy boys clothes and a backwards baseball hat on a daily basis when I was young was another clue.
I was surprised you weren't chosen as "Belle", but then I realized your last name isn't 'Bell' anymore. But she does have long brown hair and so do you!
Also, you are completely beautiful. You look awesome in that picture. And this is about as close to cheesy as I get, but I mean it. Whenever someone says I look like you, I take it as a huge compliment.

Michelle said...

The princesses on Ice came to Fresno too...every time I drove by the advertisement, I thought, I should take Bella to that...but somehow I didn't get around to it. I wish I had...maybe next year I'll take both my girls. It sounds like so much fun!

Dusty and Megan said...

I'm not sure I've ever said this out loud and I know I've never committed it to paper before, but every time I made any sort of wish when I was little (blowing out the birthday candles, shooting star, blowing an eyelash away) I would wish to be a princess.