Sunday, March 23, 2008

Our Easter Weekend

What a delightfully fun weekend! I just love Easter & Spring! We started the weekend off with coloring eggs with our dear sweet babysitter/friend Vanessa. We met Vanessa when we lived in Layton years ago and she has been our favorite family babysitter since then. Unfortunately she had to grow up and go to college at Utah State, but she graced us with her presence this weekend to color some eggs. The kids still love her, as do we! Here she is helping Brigden color his eggs.
Then we were able to spend Saturday afternoon with some of the Bell family. This is an event that my mother started years ago and was very important to her. She loved getting out into the fresh air and celebrating Easter with young ones and throwing candy, sometimes at the young ones. The event started off chilly due to some wind, but after everyone congregated, we found the wind to disappear (Thanks Mom!) and we enjoyed a wonderful comfortable sunny afternoon together including candy throwing, water playing, and lots of hanging! The picture below is all my younger cousins, my kids, and my nieces. And further below is my little gang.
Then, of course, the finale! Easter Sunday! I just love it. I was telling Dave on Easter Eve, I want to make Easter as wonderful as Christmas because it is just as important. My mom always made a Passover Dinner on the Thursday before Easter to help get us into the Easter mood, we read Easter books the week before, hold Easter FHE lessons the weeks before, and I love to give our kids Easter Church clothes to help them feel like Easter Sunday is extra special, but I have yet to figure everything else out. After watching Brigden eat chocolate and candy nonstop after his various easter hunts, I've decided candy may be one thing I don't have to supply since they get enough at the easter hunts, but I'd still like to do more to make it just as special as Christmas. Any ideas?Well, there they are; my sweet children, well at least they were for the posing of this picture. Once the camera was turned off, Harris got mad at me for not letting him have his new toy in the picture, Halen started crying because her tights were too small, and Brigden wanted more candy. Well, at least they were picture perfect for 10 seconds. Who can complain, right?


7 comments:

Megan said...

Any ideas?....

You could spank Harris for everytime Brigden does something bad, then explain how Christ suffered for our sins.
I'm only kidding, that might just scar them for life. :)

Brynn said...

Meg
You are hilarious. Even Ben is laughing and he doesn't think the Bell family is funny! So good job

Brynn said...

Wow, Mandolin, what BEAUTIFUL children. Are you sure all those blondies are yours?

Easter FHE, passover dinner, church outfits. I think you are doing a great job! You and Mom are such inspiration to me. The only idea I can think of that we do as a tradition is to include church items in their easter basket, including a picture book about Christ.

Andrea W. said...

Wow, I'm impressed with all you do. I too have so wanted to make this significant and special for my kids but still feel like I haven't hit on it. If and when I do I'll let you know, if you promise the same!

Cute pictures, the kids look darling, even if they were little stinks afterward. :)

Megan said...

I was thinking....

When I get married and all, and it's time for me to have and raise kids..... Can I just have yours?

Eliza said...

wow, that little brigdens face in that first picture is good enough to eat! I love those dimples. Then that easter picture is sooo darling of all of them. what??? you think you need to do more for easter? it sounds like your plate is pretty full already, I bet they'll always remember easter with fondness.

Mandolin said...

Megan - you are hilarious! And Ben is wrong, as usual, the Bell family is funny! And, Meggie, no you can't have my kids when you are finally ready to have your own because then I will have already done all the hard work for you! No way baby! You need to suffer just like the rest of us...Christlike, eh?