Tuesday, September 2, 2008

He did it!!!

Given Harris' one week delay in beginning preschool, since Halen started school a week ago, he has been on edge every day wondering when his school was going to start. At first it was an adjustment for him to understand that he didn't get to go to kindergarten this year and that he would be attending preschool again. We had to rename his preschool to 4-year old preschool because then he felt better knowing he had progressed given last year was 3-year old preschool. Then each day he would sing the days of the week so he could recognize how much closer his big first day was. Finally, he awoke today, with puffy eyes after a long night of needed rest, only to realize with a large smile, "Mom, today is the day." We got his chores done, with minimal resistance (a huge plus) and assembled all his necessary items in his new backpack and off he was. He was so thrilled. I just love it when my children are happy. It makes my day so lovely!!! His smile says it all.


4 comments:

Megan said...

woh. He is so big. For some reason, I still think of him as a two year old and am always surprised when I'm reminded he's four ... I miss him.

John-n-Mel said...

Wow, 2 kids in school? Both excited and happy? What will your youngest do without Harris around?

Melinda said...

Okay, that picture is so cute, it makes me want to take Harris and keep him for my own.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind at all...

Mary said...

Preschool is the BOMB!! Not only do the kids love it, but it is a great break for moms!!