Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The good ol' days!


When Halen and Harris are both off to school, it is a very sweet time in our home with just Brigden and I. Usually so I can get something done and he can be entertained and educated, I'll put Sesame Street on TV. As soon as he notices it is on, he'll grab his blanket, pillow, and binky and lay down to watch the entire thing without manipulation or being easily distracted. Just looking at him enjoy the show brings such a peace to me thinking of what it was like in the good ol days when I did the same. Sometimes, very rarely, I'll even sit down and enjoy it with him. What a sweet time we enjoy together! I think these are the moments people are referring to when they say their young parenthood years were their sweetest and to relish in them because they go fast!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Fun! I hope Kinnie likes Sesame Street too. I turn it on every once in awhile and she watches it for a little bit. I think I get more into it then she does. We were sorry to have missed Kevin on Sunday but we heard he did a great job. And congrats on your pregnancy. How exciting! What a cute family.

Braden Bell said...

Hi Mandolin! How fun to have you show up on my blog the other day. And, I'm glad to have found yours. I loved that post--that was a really great reminder for those of us with little ones to enjoy it and not wish it all away. Your family is beautiful!

Joell said...

I love this post. It makes me want to appreciate my precious little time with my little ones a little longer! Thanks!

Eliza said...

Well said, Mandolin. I LOVE that picture. I think Brigden is just soooooo cute.