Monday, September 15, 2008

Kevin's coming home!

We can hardly wait! It's been a very long 2 years and while very much worth the wait, we are so excited to welcome our sweet fun loving younger brother and uncle Kevin home. He arrives this evening at the SLC airport in from the LDS Nashville Tennessee Mission. Halen and Harris have been counting down the days every day for the last few weeks and we're so excited, did I say that already? For a blast from the past, here's a pic from his farewell. A lot has changed and therefore, with as few local family members as we're experiencing lately, we can't wait to have another one back with us again!

Kevin is such a joy to have around and his smile always brings such happiness and warmth to the room, hence our excitement to have him back. While he's been gone, it's been a little strange to have a daily reminder of him as I've found quite a similarity in his baby pictures and our son Brigden. I've enjoyed seeing the same looks I see in Kevin, but it has also been painstaking to constantly be reminded of his absence, but alas...no more. He's home...almost. Yay!!!!!
Side note: If you haven't been notified yet, he'll be speaking this Sunday at my Dad's ward in Kaysville @ 9:00 am. Call me for details.


5 comments:

Andrea W. said...

Yay!!! How exciting. That will be so great to have him around again, I'm sure. I wish we could come, but I have to act like I know what I'm doing at choir practice :( I would SOOOOO rather be celebrating Kevin's return.

Andrea W. said...

Oh, and btw, I LOVE that photo. I can't believe how beautiful your Mom looks no hair and feeling lousy, she's still beautiful!

Eliza said...

Yay how fun! There is nothing like a returned missionary brother coming home, it is such a great fun together time. I love that picture too, so bittersweet.

Melinda said...

I will totally be there Sunday. :-)

I've never met your brother, but homecomings are so happy.

Mary said...

I am so happy for you! I talked with Brynn and she said that she is coming home soon too. We need to get together for lunch!