Friday, July 23, 2010

A Tea Party for Ladies

My father's wife Tammy, now Halen's grandmother, invited her oldest granddaughters to a tea party just for ladies between the ages of 5 and 18 this summer. She sent out the invitations weeks before the event and Diane (my sister in law) and I both hid them from our girls because we knew this was to be the main summer event and we would never hear the end of it for the next few weeks until the tea party arrived. We were right. The few days that preceeded the event were nonstop anticipation.

Grandma Tammy worked very hard on this event, as you can see in the picture below, by preparing tea party food, placecards, hats, flowers, etc.

Marissa, Halen, Arianna, Nikaila, & Jocelyn @ Grandma Tammy's Tea Party Table

Just the Tea Ladies: Grandma Tammy and Halen. Grandma and Grandpa Chris/Bell took them to a play before returning to the tea party table for some crumpets and tea. The grandparents reported that the girls were very well behaved and had a delightful time. My first response was, "Thank you," but then more selfishly said, "Now tell me why the under 18 age limit?"


Halen, Nikaila, and Marissa. My brother Corbin's daughters. It's rare I can get a picture with these wild and crazy girls sitting so still since and pretty since usually they are all over the place having so much fun together.


Halen was so excited for this tea party that she even dug out her little white gloves and purse. This was serious! I must say, however, the girls all look so beautiful and this will truly be a picture to treasure in years to come.

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for an event to remember!

3 comments:

Brynn said...

How fun! Once Neve turns 5, we'll have to fly her there for the tea party! What a great event!

Mary said...

Sooo fun... do you think my boys would do this if I begged them to? I want a tea party!!!!

Andrea W. said...

Darling girls, and wow what a fun grandma event, it looks like Tammy really pulled out all the stops!