Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Aspen Colorado Day 3

The day started off with a run bright and early. I love being out in the new fresh morning air and enjoying the sunrise. It's so refreshing and motivating. This morning's run was to be a shorter one and good thing because my ipod froze right as I turned it on. I'm not a thinking runner, I prefer to have my brain fried by constant musical stimulation so I don't have to think and realize I am running, breathing hard, in pain, and uncomfortable. Unfortunately, this is just what I got to experience this morning. Thankfully, there was a trail paved a bit off of the main road which was enveloped with trees, bushes, and wildflowers. It was gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! I saw a fox and a deer and only 3 other humans.





I asked my Aunt JoLynn once what she thought about as she walked every morning and she said , "I pray." I found that to be such a profound idea. I've tried to make that more of my practice as I find myself alone exercising. It is such a great time to talk to my Heavenly Father and think more deeply than I do in my regular prayers. This was one of those mornings where the beauty of the outdoors made it impossible to be ungrateful for such creations.





Upon returning, we continued vacationing by hanging out in the condo and playing video games until it was warm enough to go to the pool. Then we spent the midday at the pool, returned for some relaxation in the condo, and then went to a park for a little bit. The evening was spent by dining in and loving every minute of it. While there is definitely something to eating out, I am completely content to dining in on this vacation for many reasons. It saves us the looks at our 'large' family, the money, the hassle, and the questioning of what to order on the very limited menu.

No comments: