Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Countdown Begins!

Do you realize school starts in 5 weeks? What’s even more shocking is for me it starts in 4! As a teacher, I go back a week early to prep for the upcoming year. When I realized this a few days ago, my heart started to race. Not because I was nervous for school, I’ll get to that a few days before it starts, but because I recognized I only had that many days left to play my little heart out with my kids!


I’ve been affected quite greatly by this new change in my life; going back to work full time, and I am striving very hard to treasure every moment of my time with my children.


So, the countdown begins. This is what I should've accomplished today……

Baskets for of laundry to be folded.
Sink full of dishes to be cleaned.


Cleaning supplies to be sorted through and organized.

Odds and Ends to be put away.


Rotating of clothing for each child and their upcoming new school year clothes.


2 Very Large piles of necessary mending. I’m running out of clothes due to these growing piles.



A basket full of ironing.



But instead…praying Dave will forgive me for not having any ironed clothing; I accomplished...



Cheering Harris on as he independently jumped off the diving board for the first time ever.


Enjoyed watching Rachel (my cousin) so sweetly befriend Bevan.

Protecting Bevan from herself as she desired to lather her body in sunscreen, but shampooed her hair instead of covering her body. That adorable swimsuit is thanks to my sweet Aunt Jan who lent ito me when I left Bevan's on the counter at home and only realized this upon arrival at the pool.



And who would ever want to miss out on a giggly smily charmer like this?


On our way to the swimming pool. Can you tell they were excited?


Bevan swimming with the big kids. You would not believe her amazing adaptation to the water. She was amazing. She even went down the water slide at the pool alone. Crazy stuff! It was so much fun to swim with her. She'll jump off the side of the pool into the water all by herself. She also jumps out of my arms while in the water to swim. I, of course, have to hold her tummy up, but she kicks and moves her arms on her own. So much fun!!! Thanks to her amzing swimming lessons this summer! She hated the water the first two days and now she's going down waterslides? Crazy!

The crazy thing is in this picture she was actually trying to get around Rachel and didn't hesitate to let go of the side of the pool and keep walking into the deeper water. She'll even hold onto the side of the pool in the really deep water and I won't even have to hold onto her. She'll hang there all by herself. So fun to see a 17 month old so well adapted to the water. Such a change from my other children.


Halen showing off her back float.


What a fantastic day at the pool!
Only 25 days left of my summer countdown. Hold on tight!

3 comments:

Sheri Ricks said...

I love it...good for you!! I can't believe how big all of your kids are, but especially Bevan! So cute! :)

Brynn said...

oh my goodness! I don't check your blog for a week and you have four new updates. Keep it up!

Megan said...

I love all these posts and especially all the photos! I'm saving all the pics onto my computer. Keep em coming!