Sunday, January 2, 2011

Weekend Highlights

A few of our weekend highlights which brought great joy and laughter to our lives involved Brigden & Bevan. Brigden is constantly saying things that just crack us up, but rarely make it to the paper to remember days or even moments later. Today, during Sacrament Meeting, Brigden saw a picture of President Thomas S. Monson in my bag and said out loud to anyone that was listening as if he were the prophet speaking,

"I'm Thomas S. Monson.
I'm the prophet.
You need to be more righteous."

Then he continued on in his unrighteous irreverent play as if the prophet never visited verbally. He cracks us up. You just never know where his mind is until he says something and then you wonder why a 4 year old is thinking what he's thinking?

Yesterday for our New Years Day celebration the kids, Collin, Megan, and I enjoyed playing arcade games and bowling at Boondocks. Bevan was very excited to be able to play since there wasn't much she was able to do with the arcade games. After watching her brothers and sister play, she summised that in order to be effective at bowling she would have to throw the ball and then stand as a statue in a point stance to magically guide or direct the bowling ball to hit the pins. It was hilarious to watch her "point stance" after each throw as if it would make the throw even better somehow. Here is a video to enjoy of Bevan bowling.



In this video she is showing us a better late than never point stance.

Oh the joy of children when I remember to laugh!

3 comments:

Kevin B said...

Oh my gosh I can not stop laughing. Those videos are CLASSIC!

Andrea W. said...

Those Bevan videos are adorable and hilarious. "You need to be more righteous", what a great line! Seriously, where do they come up with these things?

Megan said...

I love that so much. I'm completely LOVING this new bevan. I'm really glad I was able to join you guys, thanks for inviting me!