Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Quotes of the Day!

Brigden (3) says with a tone of amazement and discovery:
"Mom, look, my mouth is sharp, it can cut right through this cuuukie!"

Said just like cookie monster on sesame street says, "cookie!"

Harris (5): "Mom, does Jesus live in the heavens?"
Mom: "Yes."
Halen (7): "He lives in the clouds."
Harris: "Yeah, and in the mountains."
Halen: "You've gone camping in the mountains before."
Harris: "Yeah, I have."

Umm? We weren't even talking about Jesus when this conversation started and somehow we
didn't even end the conversation talking about Jesus either! Interesting!

Halen: "Bevan (8 mo.), you and I are going to be best friends when you grow up."

Famous last words from a girl who will someday wonder why her little sister has to tag along with her everywhere she goes.

Harris: "Mom will Dad let me shoot his air soft gun
when I go duck hunting with him next time he goes?"
Mom: "Yes"
Harris replied very seriously: "For Real?"

Did he really expect me to say, "for pretend?"

Halen (speaking of Bevan to Harris who is holding Bevan):
"Be careful with her because I really love her."

Ummm. And he doesn't?

Mom: "Brigden you really need to do all of your 'going to the bathroom' at one time when you are getting ready for bed instead of 'going two or three times' before bed each night."
Brigden (3): "No, I don't Mom! I go two times each night."

Hmmm. Gone are the days of Sweet Brigden.

Harris: "Why is there so much water in this watermelon?"
Without a moments hesitation Halen replies: "It is what makes it so sweet."

Wow, I didn't even know that. It seems we may have a 'know it all' on our hands.

In the background in the morning, as I was going about my duties and Brigden was playing with his cars, the tv was broadcasting a BYU devotional speaker. When the speaker finished, he closed with a final "Amen" to which Brigden pokes his head up from what he was doing and nonschalantly says, "Amen" and then returns to his cars as if nothing had ever happened. He heard me giggle and looked up at me to realize his "Amen" being the cause of my giggle, and then smiled a large grin, so proud of himself and sure of his charm and appeal.

And finally, Halen and Harris just found out they will be acting out a fire drill this coming Friday at their elementary school and both are very worried about it. So worried, in fact that this was part of Halen's prayer this evening:

"Please bless that I won't be scared in the fire drill this Friday and Harris won't either, if he decides he's not too scared to go to school that day."
I know there are more, but I forget them so quickly. How fun to see their little minds work so hard and grow so much each day and give us these lovely and quirky thoughts and words!

No comments: