Friday, April 18, 2008

A Hate-Love Relationship

Our dear Harris is intense at everything. He intensely loves and hates everything. A few days ago, he walked out into the kitchen in the morning after getting out of bed and saw a bowl of Oatmeal on the counter awaiting him. He jumped excitedly onto his chair and cheered, "Yes! I love Oatmeal!" and ate away.
The very next morning was completely different, except for the Oatmeal, as Harris again entered the kitchen to see his bowl of Oatmeal on the counter and yell, "MOM! I hate oatmeal!"
The truth is I almost started to try and reason with him, but with such counter statements, what's the point, this kid is truly not at a logical stage, well at least at the age of 3! What a joke! I never know what reception Oatmeal will get, but really, who cares, at least they aren't starving, right? I only wish they could understand that!

4 comments:

Andrea W. said...

So funny, what a cute little stink! You can't win with these littles sometimes.

Joell said...

I can totally picture him doing that! I also can see my Ellie doing the same thing when she talks more! Silly kids!

John-n-Mel said...

ahh 3 yr olds. Thanks for a lil insight. Passionate is a much better word than Dramatic which often comes to mind when my 3 yr old is screaming.

Brynn said...

Would you post again darnit! Don't you know I look to your blog for entertainment in this life as a mother of two young children.