Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Weekend With Cardin!



I was able to spend this last weekend in Oklahoma with my brother Cardin. He has been living in Oklahoma for a year and a half while working in his residency in eurology as well as spending his very limited time on renovating an older home. I was so excited to go spend some time with him to help him continue to fix up his house and just hang out like the good old days before kids and husband. I arrived at midnight on Friday, and then we spent all Saturday working on the house. Who knew his front yard could be so beautiful after a good mowing and edging and his bathroom could shine like brand new. I was also able to meet his closest friends and other friends in his ward when we congregated for conference at a member's home. Then Monday after working the first half of the day, Cardin took the rest of the day off of work so we could play! We went to see a matinee movie, "21." It was so good and so nice to just relax together that as we walked out of the theatre, both very giddy, we remarked on our excitement followed by Cardin's plea and my quick acceptance to see another one. We then paid for and entered the theatre to see "Leatherheads." Thank heavens the theatre we were at only charged $3.50 per ticket so we didn't break the bank on our movie marathon. Both shows were really good and so good that we figured, "why not watch another one?" This time, however, we rented one and took it with pizza back to his place to enjoy. It was Elizabeth, The Golden Age, another great movie. Just thinking about our movie marathon reminds me of my mother because she was so excellent at "relaxing with a movie." The next morning, Tuesday, came all to early as Cardin had to drop me off at the airport to leave. I loved being with him this last weekend because it reminded me of many years ago when I would just hang out with him and Corbin. Such good memories, and such fun to relive them again! It's just too bad I had to fly on an airplane to get there and back! I hate airplanes! I threw up on 2 of the 4 flights. Which should only go to show how much I love my brother to be able to get on a plane for him!

Here are a few pictures from my trip at Cardin's home. Cardin's home. Isn't it a beautiful little cottage?

Here is a picture of Cardin's living room so you can picture him sitting on these couches when he is watching TV.

Here is a picture of his bathroom that he is very proud of because of all the personal touch fixtures he has chosen. The faucet is his favorite and he hopes to take it with him when he leaves the home someday.

7 comments:

Andrea W. said...

How fun! I think that's so great you were able to help him but mostly just hang out together. That's so cute, I bet your Mom was LOVING peeking down on that!

John-n-Mel said...

How great it was to see you and Cardin!!! Love the house and love that you got to take a trip w/out kids and even better a Movie marathon. When does Cardin have spare time to fix up a house? WOW! Glad you had a great time!!! Sorry bout the airsickness...that is love to go through that!

Brynn said...

Wow what a beautiful house! Do you think Cardin will mind if I move in? Considering his working hours he might now even notice me and my two little people about the house! We love and miss you Cardin!!!! What to go big sister for taking care of Cardin with a visit, sans kids. When's my turn? :)

Michelle said...

Cardin is such a great guy...how fun for you guys. Do you think he would want to marry my sister? I have one left and she is HOT!!!

Eliza said...

wow I absolutely love his house, such pretty architecture. What a fun sister you are, I bet that was so nice to get away and just be carefree for a minute, how fun!

KRISTIN BELL said...

I LOVE the house!! It is so great... I wish we had the time and money to find a cute older house and renovate it.... Guess we'll let Cardin have all the fun :) How fun for you... did your hubby and kids survive the lack of sheet washing while you were gone?

Joell said...

I found your blog on Mel's blog hope you don't mind me stopping by. I love his house! I have always wanted to buy an old cottage and tear it all apart and fix it up again! How fun that you got to go visit and go see some shows, a luxory we don't get very often with kids around!