Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wedding Bliss....almost 9 years later.

This coming June, Dave and I will have been married for 9 years. It's been a wonderful 9 years full of great memories, well, except one, that is. The lovely experience of losing my body through the creation of 4 wonderful children. I don't regret the children, but I do loathe the weight loss associated with such creations. Well, last year when I gave birth to Bevan, I decided I had had enough of accepting my "mommy" body and was going to set a year long goal to open a new chapter in my life. My goal was to lose enough weight to regain my pre-mommy body back or in other words be able to fit into my wedding dress again by Bevan's 1 year old birthday, January 29, 2009.

I knew this was a great task because it meant I would really have to kick up my workouts a notch or two or three as well as watch my eating and sugar cravings all the while being a supportive wife and loving mother. I'll admit, it was very hard! Very hard! I had to rise very early and find a desire from deep within, but I did it! I still can't believe it! I have so many loving family members and friends that helped me along the way and I am so grateful for this change in my life. I feel wonderful!

The first time I've been able to get my wedding dress on since having my 4 beautiful children. What a moment! Dave just laughed at me as I walked around the house, saying, "I'm a princess!" "I did it!"




Halen, my 7 year old, also loved seeing my wedding dress 0n and wanted to join in on the fun with her own white dress-up dress. Here we are together, princesses on parade!



What a glorious moment! It is such a wonderful thing to have achieved a goal when so often my goals are unachieved! For example, notice the Christmas Tree still up in the end of January? Gotta love it! That, however, is just reality, but regardless, I'm going to dwell in this wedding bliss for a moment, or two, or three.......


6 comments:

KRISTIN BELL said...

You are my Favorite! Seriously I am so proud of you...You look absolutely fabulous. More importantly...I love that you worked SO hard to reach your goal...what is better than that feeling? So proud of you ;)
Love you sexy mama of four beautiful children!

Andrea W. said...

Honestly, this is mind-blowingly impressive to me. I am so inspired and happy for you. You're my hero.

Kim said...

You look amazing! Congrats on completing such an amazing and worth-while goal! You rock!

Sara said...

Wow! I am so impressed! I have the same goal, especially since AJ is my last baby:) I have about 21/2 months to lose about 15 pounds. You are my inspiration!

Brynn said...

You are incredible. You're strength amazes me! I am so proud of you!!!!! Enjoy it "la mujer."

Nicole said...

Getting into your wedding dress after 4 children, and only a year after your last child...that is so amazing! Good job sticking with it and being determined. I totally thought your blog was private so I have not dropped in for awhile. I love your posts! And seriously, you are amazing!