Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cleaning Crew

The last few months I've tried to include the children more in the prepping and cleaning of meals. I was slightly hesitant to do so because I feared the probable response of complaining and whining I usually encounter with new chores. I couldn't have been more wrong!
I merely mentioned the idea and Halen (6), Harris (5), and Brigden(3) all ran to through the home to find their own aprons and then drilled me relentlessly for their individual assignments. It was amazing and really heaven sent. We all prepped and cleaned up dinner and then arranged a schedule for them to have their own turns at upcoming meal times.
I'd like to say I never did hear a complaint on the matter the next few days, but that would be lying! The novelty wore off, of course, but the first night working together sure did produce some beautiful memories for me! I'll just try to focus on those instead of the more recent battles I now encounter at meal time. Hmm? The only question is, "Are those memories worth it?" Well, if not, I know the children being responsible is, so hedge on, I must!

No comments: