Monday, November 10, 2008

Our Happy Halloween!


This Halloween was the first Halloween in years that I've thoroughly enjoyed because my kids thoroughly enjoyed it. In years past, Halen has been too timid to actually go and get candy at the doors of our neighbor's homes and therefore Harris wasn't too fond of the idea, thinking his sister knew something he didn't. Brigden was too young to understand the concept to begin with. This year everything changed. After the first house, Halen ran back to me on the sidewalk yelling, "Mom I did it. I said trick or treat." Just a reminder, she is 6. Not your typical 6 year old, eh?
Anyhow, Harris and Brigden followed her example and within an hour or so they were running from door to door. Brigden was not afraid at all and his only problem was that his candy bag weighed more than he did near the end of the night. He wouldn't allow me to help him by carrying his bag, but it did put him in last place at every door and he even had to skip a few doors so he could catch up, but did so with a huge smile the entire time. They loved it and I loved the parent tax (1-2 candy pieces of my choosing) at the end of the night! We had a blast being together, but were sad that their Daddy, Dave, couldn't be with them since he had to work. Such is the life of a responsible Daddy sometimes.




Halen was Sleeping Beauty, I was Malificent (Sleeping Beauty's enemy), Harris was a Pirate, and Brigden was Spiderman.

6 comments:

Braden Bell said...

Wow! Impressive costumes. Looks like you had fun.

Mary said...

I LOVE the Maleficent costume! I have thought about being her one Halloween!

Andrea W. said...

I totally agree, it's sooooo much fun when the kids get into it. All the kids look darling and your costume is amazing!!!

Joell said...

Ellie loves sleeping beauty! An you look awesome!

Eliza said...

holy cow mandolin, those costumes are amazing! did you make them? that is so funny and kind of sad that halen wouldn't trick or treat before, I'm so glad that she found the courage to. it is so fun when kids get it, its so great to relive the holidays through their eyes.

Brynn said...

Great costume you wicked witch! ; ) I agree Halloween is quickly becoming one of my favorite holidays. It is so much fun watching the kids experience complete glee. I love the "parent tax" remark-so true and I thought Dad was so selfish when I was a kid and would ransack our candy with the parent tax excuse. I guess there is one benefit to Dane's allergies, we got pretty much all the candy. Child labor, I am all for it!